Saturday, November 6, 2010

Daughter 1-#50

#50-Find 20 new recipes that my family will enjoy
(This post will be a work in progress until I complete all 20 recipes)


1. Cheesy Broccoli Rice and Turkey
  • 1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
  • 2 cups cooked turkey (I substituted chicken)
  • 2 cups broccoli florets
  • 2 cups white rice (uncooked)
  • 6 oz Velveeta cheese product (cut up)
Combine broth, turkey, and broccoli in large skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 min

Add rice and Velveeta, cover. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 min or until rice is fully cooked.

Stir until blended. Makes 4 servings of 1 1/2 cups each.

*Recipe located in Food and Family magazine (Holiday 2006)*

2. Tater-Topped Casserole
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 small onion (I just used onion powder)
  • 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I used 2 cups)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 lb frozen tater tots (I didn't bother measuring this. I just used enough to cover the top)
 
Heat oven to 375. Brown meat and onion in skillet until brown. Drain and spoon into baking dish.


Mix soup and milk. Pour over beef. Top with layers of vegetables, cheese, and tater tots.


Bake for 45 min or until tots are golden brown.

*Recipe located in Food and Family magazine (Fall 2008)*

No comments:

Post a Comment