Thursday, November 4, 2010

Daughter 1-#27 Completed

#27 Get brave enough to leave Ava with a "regular" babysitter!
Completed November 4, 2010

Okay, so I don't know if I ever would have completed this task if it weren't for necessity. Kerry's Airman Leadership School (ALS) graduation was tonight and I really had no other choice. Up until this point, Ava had never stayed with anyone other then our family and one other couple who are our friends. Since we are stuck in Germany without any family members around, I asked our friends for help. For reasons that I won't go into, that was unable to happen. Bummer! So a babysitter was our plan B, technically our only other option. I found our sitter, Katie, on the local military yardsale/job site. I explained Ava's post surgery restrictions to several applicants and none seemed comfortable with the situation except for her. So Katie it was! I asked her to show up a few minutes early so that Ava could have a chance to get comfortable with her while I was still lurking around. To my great pleasure, Katie sat right down on the floor with Ava and started playing. Ava totally didn't even need me! *tear* I'm not even sure if she realized I had left at all. Although a small piece of me wanted Ava to cry (at least for a few seconds) and to miss me terribly, I am happy that it worked out this way instead. Ava had fun playing with her new friend, Katie said Ava was an angel (no surprise there), and now Kerry and I feel comfortable enough with her that perhaps we can go on and enjoy a monthly date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment